The Gullah Art Gallery and Museum is located at 711 Bladen Street Beaufort, SC 29902
The Gullah Art Gallery is dedicated to teaching and spreading Gullah culture by providing educational/public service programs through the arts, highlighting cultural art, and showcasing art that represents the history of all indigenous and Native people in the Lowcountry.
Located along the Gullah Geechie Corridor, in the heart of the cultural and historic districts in Beaufort, South Carolina our Gullah Art Gallery features a vibrant collection of Gullah art inclusive of all styles and mediums.
Support Gullah Artisans.
Meet the Artists
Our collective of artists each has their own unique style of creating ranging from multi-dimensional, contemporary, Afro-futurism, abstract, portraits, sculpting, Sweetgrass basketry, and much more.
We showcase versatility with the “classic” Gullah style of artwork, as well as a blossoming new class of Gullah Geechie artistry.
Our gallery features:
- Folk artist Johnnie Simmons with his unique wood burnings
- Abraham Brown with his hand-made wooden panels that show off his skill in resin, acrylics, and mixed media
- James Denmark with his classic collage pieces.
- Additional collections from DNA Baskets, Richard White, Diane Dunham, John Bradley Jr, Lisa Rivers, Tyeisha Jenkins and more
We also have Verdite collectibles, CBD products, financial literacy books, hand-crafted collectibles, and many more unique items!
- We showcase fine art through originals, prints, and collectibles, with a focus on the African diaspora.
- We serve as a creative space for established and emerging artists to exhibit their collections while also promoting art through their unique perspectives.
Want to learn more about Gullah culture? Ask our Gallery manager for an oral history of South Carolina and its Gullah heritage.
You can also receive a discount for the Gullah ‘n’ Geechie Mahn Tours
Gullah n Geechie Mahn Tours is South Carolina’s premiere Gullah Tourism Company. With more than two decades of serving Beaufort and the Sea Islands, we are a Gullah-owned and women-owned small business providing an authentic and immersive educational experience for the Gullah People of the South Carolina Sea Islands.